Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My school days.. kick start to new life!!!!

I cherish every moment of my childhood... I remember all those days so well as if any incident happened just yesterday. I want to live in those memories all my life cos I consider I am gifted with everyday as a very special day.

My boarding school days were the best days. I was longing to be in this school where thousands of girls aspire n very few lucky around 50 get through. I have huge bunch of friends and I miss all of them.

My school ,
The Kittur Rani Chenamma residential school for girls is really a large 1500 acre land, between Belgaum and Dharwad cities and 5 km away from downtown Kittur (Karnataka, India). The location is so perfect midst of Jungle and all green around.

Everything was fine, until the daily routine started with waking up at 5am. If I was found squirling on bed, had to face waking leader's bash. Then get into shorts and go for jog. Its not just that, should have cold lime juice on frosty mornings. Then Run! Run!! Run!!!! Back to dormitory, clean up bedding, locker, get spotlessly clean dressed to go to school, If late or not properly done ..Again, face the punishments ..

I could't go with this long, the strictness, the horrible food, terrifying punishments..decided to end it once for all by running away from school. Along with 2 other friends jotted a plan to run far far away.

The mission was unaccomplished...We were brought back. The running away talent turned our life into great athletes. Our hidden talent waved. And from there..no turning back.
My school changed my personality to be better person altogether.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are true.... Our school changed our personality to be better person.

Unknown said...

Have you seen "Full Metal Jacket"?
-Guru

Shilpa said...

"Full metal Jacket". If my memory is good, Is it the movie on army training,where the trainer is very strict &gets killed by one trainee..
'Sir yes Sir'..????

Unknown said...

Yes , thats right. But that is just barebones of the plot, and does not do full justice to the experience of watching it again and again, unravelling diferent layers- like peeling an onion. Its on the Sky Movies these days- your posting reminded me of that movie.
BTW do you happen to know Kamala Bai poojari ( our classmate 93 KMC batch)?
Wonder how she managed in Kittur?

Shilpa said...

yes Kamala pujari is my senior at school.. There were many girls from my school in kittur.. i suppose.