Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Doctors?? What are they???!!!!

Happiness is a vain dream if health goes absent. Being healthy doesn't occur at doctor's office. It requires healthy lifestyle altogether. This is one illusion everybody carries,that, having a doctor in a family or in neighborhood can get away with diseases. Excuse me!!! Give me a break!!!

What more surprises me is that we have a regulatory system that blindly supports this fantasy that doctors are somehow unique among all humans.

Consider me, I grew up to enter this dream profession "DOCTOR" where my parents barely thought I would make it for, I was not a bookie like my sister nor humble like her. Excelled in this profession only to know that whole universe think doc as life saving machine who should some how save the life of their loved ones by hook or crook.

Doctors work in their patients interests, thats medical ethics. If they don't they are held with pile of offenses, thats patients' ethics.
I never realized until I entered into this profession that road to riches is long.
But the wait for Smile on a newborn baby, the new life in almost dead man is most satisfying. Ideally,there is no room for doubt that this is the noble profession. We have complete job satisfaction, there is no unemployment, no retirement and we are students all life. So all docs out there feel young. Saving life is all our only motivation. And we are worth a big applause !!!!!

4 comments:

Preeti S said...

Indeed a noble profession... More than the profession, I guess one needs to enjoy what he/she does. There is no great profession than satisfaction. Congrats for being a doctor

Unknown said...

Apologies for commenting on your blog(and BTW re. above post..I beg to differ!)- Just followed Arun's link.
1.Has he got a separate blog? Link please?
2.Photoes are great- are they yours/all Seychelles?links from diff people & places?
Thanks.
-Guru

Shilpa said...

Hello Guru, I believe u know Arun. We share this common shilparun blog. We together contribute to the blog. The Pictures are all ours and taken in Seychelles. The articles are our views on the topics. Its good to get ur comments here

Unknown said...

Hi shilpa/Arun,
I clicked on the slide show (on this blog) hoping to see more of Seychelles photoes on your album. But each photo takes me to a different individual's Picasa album from all over the world( Matt & others from Arizona, Tasmania etc).
Thought it might be a photo feed widget- Appreciate if you could give me a link to your public-album.