Monday, February 20, 2012

Around the delivery due date... All is well..

I started my maternity leave just waiting for my baby to come out any time.. 10 more days for the D date. Woke up each morning..water broke??? not today again!!! Although, I was enjoying last few days of pamper because once the baby is out I cannot push her in or get that "Special" importance having her in. With passing time I was making myself more confident and strong to deliver my darling. Around the corner I went to watch a hindi movie" 3 IDIOTS".. The movie was all fun and carries a message telling ' To boost up the confidence, just put your hand on heart and say all is well' It really works ... I tried it.. after watching a pregnant lady deliver with ease in the movie.




I expected my daughter to share her bday with her granny, 13th January. We celebrated my mom's bday with photography sessions with my big anytime burst tummy. Went to temple in the evening. My baby still cozy inside. NO sign of getting out. And next day was 14th.. the festival of harvest- Sankranthi. I forced my mom to make obattu (Holige or Puran Poli) which I cannot eat in my confinement. I went up to mirror and said.. Knock knock!!! baby.. ok ok U win I give up.. Please come out. Came out checked my hospital bag again and again. My birth chart print out all ready. My husband was just silently watching my gesture. He tenderly held my hand and said.. ' everything ok .. mini' .

We will go for one last check up today i spurted without 2nd thought. He smiled at me and said.. 'I am even more eager . U can atleast feel the baby within you..'


We left to hospital for check up. Now I was bit nervous.. Waited in doctor's reception. My doctor looked up with smile as I was still with big tummy and all his patients with and around my date had already delivered. My doc was away during christmas and new yr and his friend was covering him up for any cases. Looking at me Andy said..Oh!! Hello Shilpa...I thought you delivered already. Come lets do scan aha!! Now he tells .. everything ok lah!! Long legs, vertex presentations, but ah!! I was wondering whats this But for.. He said liqua is below 50% We better induce you..

OMG!! my baby is going to be out anytime today.. I started to get tensed as if it was my viva exam coming. Had increased sympathetic activity.. Visiting toilet frequently. My husband comforted me and my mom in my delivery suite. And left for home to get my hospital bag and other necessites.


I was settling in the suite room.. enjoying the labor suite just like a hotel room.. looking at the baby incubator, and other stuffs around. It was my first time in hospital as patient.. The feel of getting i.V pricked not pricking someone was nice.. I was soon relaxed and enjoying the muffins and snacks provided by hospital. I lay there on bed reading a book trying to finish last few pages before baby was out.... What an aura!!!

Here are few tips for last minute packing .. Hospital bag
1. Pair of loose pyjamas or preferably frock like wears
2. Loose panties/ pack of single use.
3. Heavy flow sanitary pads (Usually hosiptals provide this)
4. Shawl
5. A good dress to go out of hospital.
6. Toileteries
7. For baby.. soft towel, baby wrap, baby blanket, few sets of soft full body Body suites to wear while coming out of hospital, baby cap, mittens, socks, baby binder, soft cotton to clean bummy.
8. Diapers (Usually hosiptals provide this)
9. Handycam and still camera with batteries charged
10. Photo printer ( if you have one)
11. Tablet/laptop to upload babies pics on social networks
12. Bepanthan creme. ( used for cracked nipples and diaper rash)
13. Comb, make up items , mouth freshner
14. Pair of easy wear shoes socks/ bathroom slippers.
15. Baby diary to get signed by all those who visit in hospital
17. Goody bags, sweets, chocolates for visitors
18. Dont forget to pack for all those accompanying to hospital ( mom, husband, children)

No comments: