My dream came true with first domestic travel within India.. I just loved it because, more obvious it was Kingfisher private flight services with plenty of "Red chillies". Then onwards my flying became a routine & I started collecting my skywards coupons abroad. I believe in a Kannada saying " Desha suthu Kosha odu" which means "Either read volumes of books or Travel the world".So I decided to Travel a lot & enjoy the diversity. Is this saying valued even today???
I do not think Nobel prize combo Al Gore & Pachouri would approve this. These days people who travel more are black listed for contributing to Global warming. Neither the air travel is comfortable any more due to increasing fall in American economy affecting the fuel prices world wide & bad to worse air travel quality. All those running aviation industries put their working brains together and came up with really weird ways for cost cutting like....
- Cut down lettuce & extra cheese in sandwich which saves few of their dollars
- Welcome drink has become a single cup of Juice, forget about wine, chocolates
- Food is served but..... single meal charges 20$
- No in-flight entertainment
- Movies are played but only trailers & if u wish to watch it full.. pay 6-10$
- More ridiculous is pay 2$ for their cheap head phones
- Hospitality is not the same.. There are only 2 air hostesses for some 100 passengers. Now ask for water, you will get when reached the destination.
How have these changes affected regular travelers like me? ... Don't think that I have put a full stop on my traveling aspiration.
Those who want to travel will never stop nor will sit with heavy heart.. Nobody complained but enjoyed such ideas this way
- Pack a mouthful burger from home or favorite drive way
- Come with refill soft drink after one would have tried 2 different full drinks already
- Carrying a palmtop DVD player with favorite recent movies & Bose head phones to enjoy in full thrust
- Don't bother about air hostess selling 2$ head phones
- Carry a reading book & sink in thoughts